Sliding doors are easy to operate and one of the most popular due to the convenience in use. These doors are applicable for both commercial and residential places. But for the proper functioning of the door panels, it is essential to improve the sliding door tracks. The panel slides on the tracks may have any obstruction. If it is felt in opening and closing then the tracks need some repairing or improvement. There are few specific ways to improve the conditions of the door tracks.
Why Choose To Take Care Of Sliding Door Tracks?
Sliding glass doors are excellent outside doors because they provide security and weather protection while allowing maximum access to natural light. Their smooth sliding motion also allows for simple access without requiring the space required for a hinged door to swing open. However, if your sliding door is difficult to open or frequently gets caught or ‘bumps’ along the track, you should adjust it for a smoother, easier to open glide.
Obstructions in movements on the tracks can be for the following reasons that will need repairing work to improve the tracks.
1. Issues In Alignments- It is a common problem in sliding doors. Whenever there is an issue in alignments the smooth functioning of the panels is not possible. You may always need an extra effort to open or close, on the contrary, the door panels may not close properly. A gap may remain and complete closing may not be possible. It will need repair work on the tracks for proper alignments.
2. Dirt And Rusts- No maintenance may cause the accumulation of dirt and rust. Rusts may be due to the moisture in the atmosphere that causes interruptions in the movement on the tracks. An operation may fail with the dirt and dust especially when exposed to the external surfaces of the buildings. On the development of rusts, repair work is essential to avoid further damages to the tracks.
3. Broken Rollers- On prolonged use of the sliding doors, the rollers may break. The operation may fail due to the broken rollers. In such conditions, the replacements of the rollers are essential for proper movements of the Sliding door tracks. If the damages of the doors are left for a long time, it may hamper the entire track.
Tips To Do Common Repairs Of The Sliding Door Tracks
Read on to know further some helpful tips to sliding door tracks
1. Cleaning Of Rust Or Dirt
Dirt and rusts are common to accumulate in the tracks. It becomes essential to clean the stubborn rusts and dirt. Simple DIY methods such as using baking soda can clean the tracks easily including the rusts. Using the vinegar solution and scrubbing the tracks with a toothbrush can clean them fast.
Keeping the tracks lubricated is essential, lack of it may lead to damages in the operations of the door panels. For large span doors, regular maintenance is essential for smooth operation. It may not be possible for the owners to add lubricating products and so may need an expert.
How To Maintain The Sliding Door Tracks?
Maintenance of the sliding doors will increase the durability and function of the sliding door tracks. The door panels run on the tracks so, it becomes essential to take care of and maintain it on time. Maintaining the doors is not expensive and easy at the same time.
1. Clean The Doors Quite Often- Doors cleaning includes the glasses, tracks, and frames of the doors. On regular cleaning, the maintenance work reduces to a far extent. It will reduce the collection of dust, dirt on the frames and the tracks.
2. Check The Alignments- Often unknowing alignments of the door panels are disturbed due to various reasons. So, it is essential to check the alignment of the door panels on the tracks. It will help in causing further damages to the sliding door tracks.
3. Replace Weather Stripping- Yes, it is essential to change or replace the weather stripping. Old or broken weather strips may not help from the damages due to the different weather changes.
Above are some of the basic requirements to keep in mind to have long-lasting operations of the sliding doors on their tracks.